Thursday, May 14, 2009
If you can answer any of these questions let me know how come.
She is also progressing nicely on the potty training. I know you are interested...lol...but I have to brag as it was so hard with my oldest child. B is so much easier. C did not finally get it till she was 3 1/2 but B...well lets just say God smiled on me with this child.
The rest of the time I have just been caught up in the day to day stuff. We celebrated Mother's Day at my parents with some Popeye's chicken (drool) and one of those big water slides for the 4 grand kids. A good time was had by all & the children went home dead tired which meant a quiet night for me. (Ah...what I really wanted)
How has your May been so far? I hope its been truly blessed.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
4 Cups hot tap water
- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)
-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.
-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)
-Front Load Machines- ¼ Cup per load (Approx. 640 loads)
Monday, May 4, 2009
· MAKE BED
· CHECK CALENDAR & EMAILS
· EAT BREAKFAST
· START LOAD OF LAUNDRY
· SWISH & SWIPE BATHROOMS
· UNLOAD DISHWASHER
· BEGIN DINNER
· SWIFFER LR & KITCHEN
· REBOOT LAUNDRY
· OPEN MAIL & FILE
· EAT LUNCH
· FOLD & PUT AWAY LAUNDRY
· CHECK DINNER PROGRESS
· TAKE OUT TRASH
· SET TABLE
· EMPTY BACK PACK & CHECK HOMEWORK
· EAT DINNER
· KIDS IN BATH
· LOAD DISHWASHER
· PUT UP LEFTOVERS
· CHECK TOMORROWS SCHOOL LUNCH
· PACK BACKPACK- HOMEWORK SNACK WATER MONEY
· CHECK TOMORROW’S SCHEDULE
· LAY OUT CLOTHES
· START TO DO LIST
· PACK DIAPER BAG IF NEEDED
· PLUG IN ELECTRONICS & FLIP BREAKERS
· FINAL WALK THROUGH
· SHOWER & READY FOR BED
Special to do’s
· Monday- Mop
· Tuesday- Purge Fridge
· Wednesday-Trash to curb
· Thursday-Clean out Car & purse/diaper bag
· Friday- Bill pay & reconcile checkbook
That's it...thanks for reading.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Here's what I did.
- I got more ruthless about lights/TV etc on.
- I walked around the house & made sure if it wasn't being used it was unplugged.
- At night I shut down my laptop & UNPLUG it. (those things are energy hogs)
- I flipped off the breaker to my water heater at night.
- If I don't have a full load of dishes I wash them by hand.
That's it. Now that my husband is home he showed me a few more things. First he made sure all of our breakers were properly labeled. Then we shut off 2 major appliances that we don't use constantly, the stove & dryer. We also try to go as long as possible before we turn on our a/c but hello we live in southeast La. so that lasts till about 1. If my husband is home & I am not it stays off longer. (He spends every other month in Panama so its colder here now.)
I am working on using my coupons more so I plan to update more on that & other frugal ideas such as making my own baby wipes, cleaning products, & laundry soap.
Until then y'all take care.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
You see we live on a budget and this month a couple of credit card bills were paid twice due to some misunderstandings between my husband & the credit card companies. So we are short about $600. Ugh. At least I have some items stockpiled. I do need to get a few items still. I really need wipes & want to make my own so I have to see if I can pull it off buying the start up stuff.
Also I had planned on making my own laundry soap but again start up costs. Oh well.
As for my goals I have started up a to do list for the day, gotten a schedule set up for day I am home (which are most) & finished my coupon book & mostly done w/ household notebook. I really need to get the kitchen in a better working condition.
I also want to start making my own bread when DH is home. I still must buy some bread for C's school lunch as she informed me nobody brings homemade bread sandwiches. Ok whatever. It will still save money when he is home. I usually eat last night's dinner for lunch.
Well that's been my week thus far...interesting I know. Be on the look out for my PODA to be posted. Thanks for stopping by.
Friday, April 24, 2009
We did finish our taxes in time with a refund due so that's good. I wasn't able to e-file because I couldn't find last years pins. So whatever. I DID however manage to finish my coupon binder & halfway through my household notebook. I did though get my list of daily chores done which I do plan on posting soon. I don't like calling it my daily to do's though, I heard something via Twitter which I like. It called your PODA (parade of daily activities).
I was also able to switch the girls rooms. After 3 days the baby slept all night in her new room with her sissy. Last night however was different. My children & I like it cool in the house my husband does not. I think when she gets hot she wakes up. Momma's about to put her foot down & tell hubby to wear more clothes to bed. The play room is coming along well. I am gonna have it knocked out by next weekend I hope. This weekend is jam packed w/ 2 parties & a game night & church.
Well that has been my week has been busy yet productive. How has yours been???
Friday, April 17, 2009
Now my DH has broken the news to me that he has to go to yet another 2 schools. One is next week & that one is $600 & the other one will be maybe next hitch in & that one is $1200. Luckily his company agreed to pay for the $1200 one. Would prefer them to pay for both but at least its an education right off.
How am I coming on my goals you ask? Well I made a coupon book & have been pretty faithful about them. I am also almost done w/ my household notebook. We are getting a refund this year and besides a couple of purchases (new work boots for DH new flash drive for me) we are applying it to our debt. Slowly but surely chipping it away.
I am really wanting to do a giveaway but I want more followers. I think I will do one when I reach 10 followers. So if you are just reading this please follow me & tell your friends.
Hope all is going well in your lives
The Semi-Single Mom
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Then we get to the Dr. & of course its just like I thought. Sinus infection & need amoxicillian. I don't see why they just can't take my word on it. But another thing happened. The Dr. said B had a wall of wax that needed to be punctured. The nurse & I held her down & the Dr. took out this huge wax ball. It was gross. I can't even imagine having that in my ear. So now we are on our way to recovery. Yea!
I am about to lave to p/u my husband from the airport. Tomorrow is Good Friday so yall have a very Happy Easter.
The Semi-Single Mom
- My middle name is Love.
- I am married
- I have 2 daughters & 1 stepson
- My husband & I have been married since June 24, 2000.
- This is my first real blog
- I have myspace, facebook, twitter accounts.
- I love to read
- I don't mind housework but hate taking out the trash
- I love my kids but don't want more
- I'll do anything for a friend or family member
- I enjoy church (most of the time)
- I hate it when men at church think women are inferior...I am a lot smarter than a good majority of our men
- I rock out in my minivan when the kids aren't with me
- Sometimes I hate driving a minivan
- I love the town I live in most of the time
- My oldest thinks I'm a dork
- I often want the power to turn back time
- I'm often scared that something will happen to my husband when he's gone but I try not to let him know.
- I like things to be organized
- I did not vote for Obama & do not trust him
- I am very protective of my children & family...do not cross me on this
- I go to church twice a week most weeks
- I think that even though I can open my own door the man should still make the attempt.
- I like to watch Seinfeld.
- I watch way to much TV
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
So would you like your husband to work offshore? If so how long could you stand for him to be gone?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
My family includes my immediate family of a husband & 2 children then it extends out to a whole slew of parents, sibilings, aunts, uncles, cousins & then come the greats (great aunts etc.) I counted up the other day and close family that lives w/in a 45 min drive there are 73 relatives with 3 more on the way. I love the fact that my children grow up with not only cousins but also a wealth of older relatives who have lived through so much. My oldest goes over to her great grandma's every other week. My daughter is 10 & my grandma will be 82 this year. My grandma lived through the depression, saw the car come about and indoor plumbing. How many other kids can listen to stories like these.
So anyway I am very greatful for having such a big family where everyone is in everyone's business & I still love them.
What are you grateful for????
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Goals..I feel I need to achieve some purpose regarding this blog. So I have been thinking about what goals I want to accomplish before 2009 is over. Here is what I've come up with.
- Finances- I want to be debt free but that is not going to be accomplished this year unless we give up food & shelter. We've made some mistakes & we are paying for them. Everyday I think to myself oh lets just file for bankruptcy but no we are going to get out of this one dollar at a time. I've started using coupons again. I got out of the habit but need to jump back in.
- Organizing- I will put together a household notebook. All the really organized people I've run across have one of some type. I have been going through all the sites seeing what everyone has then will put together my own that fits my needs.
- Activity level/Weight- Ok I have a weight problem I know this. I also love to veg in front of the tv which is not good. I've always had this problem but its gotten worse. Also I live in Louisiana & I LOVE food. Not just sweets but all the bad for you foods. So I know I need to turn off the tv & get out more. Now that its warm I've been taking B to the park more often & I will get back to walking more.
That is all for now. I feel its enough. If you pile to many on your plate you are setting yourself up for failure I believe.
Well let me know what you think
Saturday, April 4, 2009
So I thought I'd use this blog as a way to chronicle my days. Sorta a way to keep the sanity & well everyone else is doing it....lol.
A little about me. My name is Angel and this month I am turning 33. I am married and we will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary this June. I have 2 girls 10 & 2. My husband also has a 17 year old son. We live in South Louisiana which means most summers we get to pack up all of our possessions that we hold dear and evacuate. Yep hurricanes....got to love them. Yes we lived through Katrina but that is a story (adventure) for another time.
I don't home school but I am very active with the school my oldest attends. I also belong to my local moms club so my youngest can socialize. I am one of the few stay at home moms in my family so its lonely sometimes.
I plan on using this to talk about my life & my goals. Goals I will do in another post. Reading these blogs I notice that all are different so I'll just figure it out as I go along. I'll update this blog as often as possible. I will shoot for daily but well life happens.
So again welcome, I look forward to getting some followers & reading your comments.