Monday, May 4, 2009

I made my own baby wipes.

Well I did it. I made my own baby wipes & laundry soap. So excited. Already used the wipes & they worked out fine. The soap has to sit over night so I'll know more tomorrow. Here's what I did for the wipes.






These wipes are very gentle on baby's sensitive skin. The recipe can be altered to use any skin oil or baby bath you like, which is great for babies with allergies or skin sensitivities.



Here's what you need:



1 4 qt square or round container(8” H x 7.25” W x 7.25” D)



½ roll Bounty Big Roll Select-A-Size paper towels



2 ½ cups hot water



2 T baby bath (I use Parent's Choice brand because it's very inexpensive)



2 T baby oil (substitute coconut oil if baby is sensitive to mineral oil.)






Finding the container was hard. I found this to be really close & it was at Walmart.





























I cut the paper towels in half. Note next time I will use electric knife.





Put 1 towels half in container cut side down.


I mixed ingredients in a large measuring cup but use what you have.


Pour over towels then cover & invert for 5 min.


After 5 min flip again then open & remove cardboard center.


I found this recipe on this great blog.

Heather has been doing this for a while. This is my first time but it was very easy & I am craft challenged. She has also answered some questions too. Its a great blog that I really enjoy following.







2 comments:

  1. Heather is awesome! her recipes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job! I need to do this too. We go through so many wipes, I am sure I would save money making my own.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete