Here's what I did.
- I got more ruthless about lights/TV etc on.
- I walked around the house & made sure if it wasn't being used it was unplugged.
- At night I shut down my laptop & UNPLUG it. (those things are energy hogs)
- I flipped off the breaker to my water heater at night.
- If I don't have a full load of dishes I wash them by hand.
That's it. Now that my husband is home he showed me a few more things. First he made sure all of our breakers were properly labeled. Then we shut off 2 major appliances that we don't use constantly, the stove & dryer. We also try to go as long as possible before we turn on our a/c but hello we live in southeast La. so that lasts till about 1. If my husband is home & I am not it stays off longer. (He spends every other month in Panama so its colder here now.)
I am working on using my coupons more so I plan to update more on that & other frugal ideas such as making my own baby wipes, cleaning products, & laundry soap.
Until then y'all take care.