Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Moving Experience

As you may or may not know my family just moved over Memorial weekend. Let me tell you, its been an experience. I have not really moved to much. Moving out of my parents house wasn't hard because I didn't have much. Then when we moved into our first and second homes we still didn't have much. But after 6 years and 2 more kids living with us we seemed to have acquired MUCH junk. We did not pack the way I wanted but I have now come up with a plan for our next move....in 2 months. Most of our stuff has stayed packed as this is a temporary move. When we move anything that we need absolutely will have a red dot placed on it. That would be food, china, & clothes. Then things we need after that will have a blue dot. Computers, DVDs, entertainment items. After that we wrote on the boxes what they contain.

Now while still here I will be purging. I love freecycle and hope to get rid of a ton of item. Maybe a garage sale at our next home too. I want to embrace the minimalist lifestyle...lol....well at least stand near it.

Have you ever moved? Got any tips, tricks or advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment