Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ending the morning stress.

So used to my morning were spent with me constanly on my daughter's case about being late for the bus. I felt like Big Ben. TWENTY MINUTES!! TEN MINUTES!! FIVE MINUTES!! NOW NOW NOW!!!!!
Now.....we no longer have that issue. And she has never missed the bus & I am not yelling. (Unless she just won't get up but thats another post all together.)

Do you want to know the secret to my success??? Ok.....I'll tell you.


A timer! Yes an inexpensive kitchen timer is my new BFF. I go into her room & wake her & start the 30 min count down clock. I hear it beep at the 10 minutes till, 5 minutes till & at the 0:00 marks. She can see just exactly how much time she has & it frees me from standing over her like the time nazi.

Now she is in 6th grade & this has worked well for us. I wish I would have started this sooner. I think by first grade at least they should be able to get the concept of count down time.

If any ready has any secrets for a smooth morning that they would like to share please feel free. I am always open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment