Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Playdates & Mommy Groups

Can I make a confession? I love my mommy friends. I am so glad I found them. I honestly wish I had found a group or groups like I am involved with now when my oldest was younger. When she was little I was pretty much alone. None of my friends or family was pregnant so there was really nobody there to talk to or gripe to or ask questions. I figured a lot out from books and trial & error. I guess that's why I want to give advice to everyone. I was so alone & mad so many mistakes that I really don't want anyone else to make the same mistakes so I try to help but sometimes come off bossy. (Sorry...I don't mean to.)

Anyway I want to tell you about my mommy groups. The first one I joined was MOMS Club. Its Moms Offering Moms Support. Its really nice & there is a large group of us. There are activities planned each month & there is a Person of Contact at each outing. Once a month there is a meeting with a planned discussion topic.

Second there is MOPS. Which is Mothers Of Preschoolers. It meets once a month & is a Christian faith based organization. There are many different types of groups. Ours meets once a month while a friends meets bi-weekly. I enjoy that one too but it is limited for women with children under 5.

The third group I am in I found on Meetup.com. It is a great group of women. We come from all different background & have all kinds of parenting styles but when we come together its just about having fun. Each meetup group is different. Mine meets a few times a week at various locations. Sometimes its at the park or my favorite at a fellow moms house. Or if the weather is to bad we may all just go to McDonald's. The kids burn off some energy while the moms get some adult conversations. Its a great group of women.

So...I have met a lot of wonderful women & I strongly urge anyone at home with a small child who may be going a little nuts to check out some local groups like these. It may save your sanity.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I'd do without you all! :)

    ReplyDelete