One thing I like to do that helps my life run smoothly is keeping our vehicle cleaned out. Is it perfect? No, but we can all ride in it comfortably. I follow Flylady and one of her habits is Clean Car Friday. So most Fridays I go out an pull out all unneeded items and return them to their rightful homes. I also take our snack box and refill it with snacks and then I grab a wet washcloth and wipe everything down. If I am out and about I try to pull into the carwash and vacuum it out. It takes only a few minutes and the benefits are huge. I also try to fill up the truck and check the tire pressure. Total time is 15-30 minutes depending on if I fill it up and vacuum.
To give you an idea of what I do here's my list:
1. Grab empty laundry basket and pitch everything that doesn't belong in the truck.
2. Grab empty shopping bag and place in it all trash. Place additional bag in vehicle for during week trash.
3. Return things to rightful spot. (Umbrella under seat, chargers in console, etc)
4. Bring in laundry basket and snack box. Refill snack box.
5. Replace snack box and take wet rag and do a quick wipe down of everything.
6. Vac, gas and tires if going into town. If not I will wait till I do.
This plus using pockets of dead time to clean helps keep my vehicle looking nice. (Pockets of dead time is my term for when I am waiting in the car for a child. I will do a quick pick up of trash and take the microfiber cloth I keep in the truck and wipe everything down)
Do you have a clean vehicle routine?